If you are considering carrying out an excavation project in your backyard there are certain things that you need to keep in mind to ensure that the whole project is a safe as possible.
it doesn’t matter whether you are simply digging a trench in the backyard or getting a machine to dig a much deeper hole what actually matters is that you should be prepared to do so. The first thing you should do before an excavation is to have a team of experts come over and examine the ground before the excavation project is about to start. They will ensure that there are no utility lines of pipes which might cause a serious hazard if dug into without being checked.
There are also several other things that you need to keep in mind which are as follows
Ensuring proper excavation preparation
- Always hire professionals to identify the locations of pipes and cables which are underground. There are numerous pipes which are situated there and which might be destroyed if improper excavation of the ground is carried out. Otherwise you would have to spend tons of money on repairing the pipes. The team that you hire would carry out an excavation risk assessment.
- It should be kept in mind that if you want to be around during the excavation process you need to be properly attired with the right protective equipment. You should make use of helmets and boats to minimize the risk of an injury.
- If the work requires the digging of deep trenches which may stretch more than five feet deep. In such cases it is essential that the exit touches the stairs of the ladders should be placed it every 25 feet in case to facilitate an emergency exit.
- Bridges will also need to be created on top of the trenches so that the workers can walk safely across from one side to the other especially if they are carrying equipment or tools in their hands.
- It is also important to pay some attention to the weather because an excavation can sometimes take more than a couple of days and might even take weeks to get complete. This is why it is important that an ideal weather should be chosen for all excavation processes and it should be avoided during the rainy weather because it can seriously hinder the safety of the workers working on the project. The rain might cause the area to become wet and slippery which is a potential safety hazard for just about anyone.
- Sometimes it becomes necessary to dig near electrical cable or water pipes. However it could be a dangerous process and this is why it is important to take the appropriate safety measures. When digging along the pipes it is best to do it along the pipe instead of digging directly over it to reduce the damage also when digging near the electrical cables it is best to insulate the shovels and the spades.
Excavation from Hammer Excavations are well-thought of, well-planned, well-designed, and well-executed. Contact them to hire them to do the job.